Shih Tzu tear stains, like Minnie, indicates to discolored hairs under or around their eyes. It could
happen to all Shih Tzus, although is much more obvious on dogs with light-colored coats.
There are several causes for this, but one thing is for sure: removing them and avoiding them requires
The key to this kind of Shih Tzu grooming is to eliminate the possible triggers and deal with the stains using an effective product. If the triggers are not resolved, the tear stains will keep happening.
How to Clean Shih Tzu Tear Stains:
1. Take a wet paper towel or washcloth, and gently clean around her eyes to remove eye discharge. Be
careful not to touch the inside of her eye.
2. Next, use a washcloth with warm water to wipe the stains and make the face wet.
3. Take some warm water and add a little bit of your shampoo. Any dog shampoo will work, tearless shampoo is best in case you get some into her eyes.
4. Mix water and shampoo, take the washcloth, and soak it in the shampoo mix, then massage the shampoo into her fur.
5. Gently hold her chin, that way she won’t wiggle too much. Pay special attention to the tear stains.
6. Refresh the shampoo on the other side.
7. Rinse the washcloth and wipe her face. Repeat a few times until all the shampoo is gone.
8. Now, take a dry washcloth, and dry her face
9. Lastly, comb her face, and blow-dry her face or let it air dry.
Protect your pets from those unexpected illnesses with no limits on payouts. Get a quote and make sure you’re covered for those dog and shihtzu mishaps and unpleasant surprises.